Beyond the Schedule
“Men from Cyprus and Cyrene, … began to speak to Greeks also, telling them the good news about the Lord Jesus. The Lord’s hand was with them, and a great number of people believed and turned to the Lord.” Acts 11:20-21
This account of Africans spreading the gospel to the Greeks is a unique story from Acts and it is likely the largest revival recorded in the Bible. These un-named believers who spread the Word of God created a bridge from the exclusive Jewish community to the untrained Gentile community.
During the month of November, this recorded experience is happening again. The four teachers from Uganda are teaching great numbers of people and telling them the good news about the Lord Jesus. We pray for the Lord’s hand to be with them as they share the oral stories of God’s Word.
The Malawi schedule will look like this:
Missionaries Mufumbiro and Bagatya
North Region – October 31 – November 4
Central Region – November 5 – 11
South Region – November 12 – 18
Missionary Musasizi and Kinene
North Region – November 5 – 11
Central Region – November 12 – 18
South Region – November 19 – 25
The Ethiopia schedule will look like this:
Leaving Uganda and the U.S. – November 20
Training at the Tabora Seminary – November 23-25
Leaving Ethiopia – November 28 Kevin returns to the U.S. – December 4
Behind the Details
“The disciples left, went into the city and found things just as Jesus had told them. So they prepared the Passover.” Mark 14:16
What is on the list of things to do for Orality Institute in order for the training to go smoothly?
There is scheduling, financing, and communication. Here are some of the details from the last month for Dr. Kevin Olson and Pastor Paul Kneeland for the Orality Institute.
* Complete the 3rd fundraising event of the year with the 3rd Grand Canyon Orality Institute Awareness Hike
* Communicate the finances with the Orality Institute Board
* Get final approval for travel to Malawi and Ethiopia
* Order the printing of the second book of curriculum in Malawi
* Send money for the translation and printing of that second book
* Purchase 3 smartphones to communicate with our teachers in Malawi
* Send money for food expense for the families left behind in Uganda
* Receive the last of the 3 passports from Kampala in order to travel
* Purchase the airfare for the first two missionaries and their schedule
* Purchase tickets for the second two missionaries and their schedule
* Communicate with those in Malawi the pick-up and drop off dates for teachers as the travel to the north, central, and southern regions
* Send Money for the transportation to each of those locations
* Order tickets from the US to Ethiopia
* Order tickets from Uganda to Ethiopia
* Invite the South Sudan seminary president to the training in Ethiopia
Thank you for your ongoing prayers and support! The mechanics of this multi-national East African expanded ministry can be overwhelming. God is at work and there is a spiritual harvest to reap!