oral Training:what is it?
what is THIS oral training?
It is an emphasis on using the Bible as it IS written.
- It is the actual written text of the Bible.
- It is an emphasis on memorizing and meditating on Scripture.
- The Bible is 75% narrative.
- Jesus used parables and questions.
It is a multi-sensory learning style.
- What you remember most easily
- What you hear in the story
- What you see in the actions
- What you experience when you are engaged in the story
- It allows for scripture to be put to music, dramatized or drawn
It is a powerful communication tool.
- The Word of God is sharper than a two-edged sword.
- The Bible crosses cultures and spans time.
- It evokes emotion and personal experiences.
- The Bible is written in multiple languages and can easily be used as the text book.
- Asking questions allows the students to think in their mother tongue.
It emphasizes biblical application.
- The lessons of the Word are intended to be obeyed.
- It relates to our lives through the people of the Bible.
- Individual application comes to a specific person’s life through the Holy Spirit.
It is an interactive teaching and discovery process.
- Led through a series of questions and answers.
- A student remembers what they have been engaged in.
- It leads to ownership of the text.
- The Holy Spirit is the one that reveals truth.
It reaches those Who learn through other means.
The U.S. is listed as 86% functionally literate by the National Adult Literacy Standard, which means:
- 14% are illiterate
- 29% are functionally illiterate
- 44% prefer oral learning as opposed to written text
- 13% are highly literate and prefer to learn through written text
How can it be used?
Oral instruction enables students to be directly involved in the learning process. The stories and the questions create an environment where the students deeply engage the Word of God.
The curriculum can be used to learn the Scriptures. Taking time to memorize the stories and think carefully about the text will impact the one who takes the time to learn how God’s Word applies to daily life.
The leaders in Uganda and India have used the classes to prepare leaders and qualify them for ministry. Academically recognized training has great value for the students as well as the church body.
Where Can It Be Effective?
- Bible study groups and small groups can benefit from this framework, which allows for deep searching in the Word and fruitful discussion.
- Teach the Bible in your family with a multi-sensory learning style! Easy-to-adapt lessons allow for creativity and personalization.
- Incorporating this interactive teaching and discovery process allows for greater understanding and personal application.
accessible and convenient
The oral curriculum is available in both digital and print formats. Download or order a copy for your family or ministry today!